Thursday, April 10, 2008

She just came this way...


Hannah is an old and sensitive soul, she just came to us that way. I've always known it, but Monday she proved, yet again, that having one girl plenty compensates for the six boys. She was acting sneaky, whispering with Ren and planning a secret trip to Target. I wasn't sure what was up, but I could tell she was planning something that had to do with me, so I didn't ask too many questions. Later that night, she said she had an activity for Family Home Evening. She left and came back with a bag full of gift-wrapped items for each member of the family. She explained that she'd been babysitting alot and decided that instead of spending her money on herself, she wanted to do something nice for all of us. I recalled a conversation I'd had with her a few days before as I opened my present which was two cute, summery shirts. I had told her that since money was tight for the next few months, she and I wouldn't be able to get any new summer clothes unless she wanted to buy some for herself. I told her that I even felt guilty for spending $6 on sunglasses last week and was frustrated that I didn't have any shirts to wear. Then I joked with her that maybe I should get some babysitting jobs. Well, this is how she responded. She's generous and mature and I'm beyond grateful for her in my life. Not only that, but she's so far ahead of where I was at her age -- I was totally self-absorbed and selfish, I can't even imagine what kind of woman she'll grow into. I guess I don't have to wait too long to see. Love you Hannah.

8 comments:

Jeanette said...

Ah, how sweet!! You actually made me wish for just a minute that I could have a girl. Maybe I can hope for a sensitive son? Good job Hannah! Thanks for sharing. :)

Hannahbanana said...

now i'm embarassed.... ;)
Hannah

Deborah said...

What a sweet girl.

Heather said...

she is beautiful! Ummm come to NY in a few yrs I have a good looking boy for her ;)
Heather

Rebekah Boaz said...

both you and hannah are so cute and pretty! I always remember Hannah being so sweet! That's so cool

Becky said...

Oh...feeling a little verklempt here. Hannah is the coolest niece ever!

Kat Thomas said...

Hannah is soooooooooooo sweet!!!! I should really learn from her! Haha! Hannah is already so mature! I'm jealous... -tear-

Bob said...

Awwww. How sweet. Trust me, I had a girl and they are not ALL like that! What a loving heart she has. You are so lucky to have her!