I hate it when time goes by and I haven't made the time to post on the the blog. The blog is my sanctuary, the place where I come to rediscover that I have a brain and it's good for more than using the cable remote to find which episode of Curious George on the DVR list is the one where George goes bowling! Alas, recently I decided it was time to do some projects in the house before the kids go home and no one is here to entertain the "Littles" (besides big brother DVD player). As a result, the blog is suffering, so I thought I'd do a small check-in just to say "Hey!"
So, what projects are we doing? Well, the boys have been suffering from sleeping in a pink bedroom for a year now. (Have we been in Arizona a year already?!!!) But, their room is always such a disaster, that I can't even think of painting it until we clean it, get rid of the clutter, etc.. (you know, if you give a mouse a cookie ...). We (mostly me) finally cleaned it all out and it's ready to go! So what do we do? We go to Home Depot and since we're in the painting mood and the boys are out playing somewhere (hence, not available to pick paint colors) we choose new paint for Hannah and Zach's rooms instead! (Why can't I be the tortoise and do things slow and steady?) I just know by the time I get to the pink room I'll be SO burned out on painting I'll want to tear my hair out, but that's my life.
Hannah and I started her room last night -- it will be a brights color scheme with light orange on three walls and pea pod green chalk board paint on the end one. She's got some fabric with orange, green, purple, blue and hot pink swirls in it that we'll use to pull it all together and lots of fun accessories in all the colors. It'll be great.
Zach's room will be red and blue, 'cuz that's what made him happy. It'll it be too dark for me, but it was an "Oh well," situation and I didn't feel like fighting that battle. The pink room will eventually be red, yellow and blue to appease the three boys. And just for the record, I don't really like painting all that much, it gives me a kink in the neck. In three weeks time I should be nicely misshapen from all the bending and kinking of tendons in my body, but again, oh well, then I'll never paint again! Wish me luck!
3 comments:
But we love you for it mom!
You go Girl! And then be sure and remind them of all the work you did when they mess up their rooms. (Limping a little would be a nice touch.)
Love your blog Jen-nice! I would love to see some pictures of the rooms as you complete them...fun stuff. Oh, love the Chick-Fil-A post, too way cute!
Post a Comment