I'm looking at my sad, neglected blog still sitting around in it's old Thanksgiving finery, just waiting for someone to come and update it with Christmas cheer and wishing I had a thousand hours in the day for the month of December! I just can't seem to keep up with the messes of nine people, homeschool Curtis, fix real food for dinner, read books for class and write papers on them and then add to that list decorate, shop, write Christmas cards and update my blog. We women are incredible multi-taskers, but I am just not that good. It was while pondering this multi-tasking myth that I came up with the following poem (because I didn't have anything else to do, RIGHT!) And as for updating the look of the blog, well you all know, it takes me forever to get my new backgrounds right, for no forseeable reasons other than photobucket upload quirkiness, so I'm going to try to do a quick one, but I've said that before. So here's my Ode to the Multi-Tasker, it may be the only post before Christmas.
Ode to the Multi-TaskerI'm on top of the laundry.
I'm a reader of books.
I'm a cleaner of toilets
and crannies and nooks.
I'm a mopper of floors.
I'm the
most patient Mom.
I take artsy pictures.
My cooking's da bomb!
I spend time with my hubby.
I keep up with my blog.
I balance the budget.
I lift weights and I jog.
I condition and shave,
moisturize and tan,
polish and pluck
the places I can.
I help with the homework,
the projects, the papers,
fundraisers, costumes,
crises and capers.
I'm doing it all,
but when I focus on one,
a mob of crazed children
makes the rest come undone!
Oh why does chaos
take over my life?
There is never is peace,
only messes and strife!
On closer inspection
the answer's no crime:
I can do all these things,
but only one at a time!
Have a peace-filled Christmas season and may you multi-task better than I do!
4 comments:
I agree, multi-tasking is a myth! Have a happy holiday!
~C
All I can say is that you seem mostly sane so you must be succeeding!
I'm a one-at-a-time multi-tasker too, so I truly enjoyed your poem! I should post it on my mirror!
I have an alternate solution that I find works very well for me--avoidance. LOL
Post a Comment