Sunday, January 4, 2009

Out of Commission

We just got back from a trip to St. George, UT where we visited our friends the Everetts and played in the snow. We were supposed to leave early last Saturday morning, but Eli started throwing up on Friday night and we got worried that we'd end up with a bunch of kids throwing up in the car. When he seemed okay on Saturday we tried to leave again (albeit much later than we'd hoped) but as we were getting in the car to go, Jonah decides to show us that the finger he tried to cut off (see this post for that story) has now become infected and has several lovely pustules forming on it. So, instead of heading out, I headed over to urgent care with him and spent 2 hours there waiting for a doctor to say, "Yup, it's infected, here's a prescription for antibiotics."

We finally got out on Sunday and spent the week in Utah with intermittent throwing up by Gid, then Cody, then Gid again. We got home Friday night and Ren spent the night throwing up. I woke up feeling that awful feeling in my gut that said it was coming fast! I opted to not eat anything and managed to keep from throwing up, I just felt like I needed to all day and into the night. I'm dying to unpack our bags, do laundry from the trip, take down all the Christmas decorations and most importantly BLOG about Christmas and our trip, but instead I'm laying around feeling weak and dizzy from no food yesterday and the nasty stomach bug which seems to be leaving my system. So, for the time being I'm out of commission and I'll just leave you with new quotes in my sidebar and the promise of many things to come (when I dig out from everything else!) Hope you are all healthy and having an uneventful (translation: un-barfy) new year.

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

So sorry about your barfy trip. :(