I just thought it would be appropriate to post pictures from Easter. It turns out I was more interested in photographing my gorgeous bouquet of Easter tulips than I was of the Easter baskets or egg hunt, so we just have pictures from the Easter egg dying extravaganza!Gid had pink eye and was feeling pretty nasty. But once he discovered how much fun the other kids were having with the eggs, he perked up and began his foray into egg art. His septuple dipped eggs were a wonder to behold! (They were also cracked and smooshed beyond all recognition as eggs, but he didn't seem to care.)
Since we had church at 8:30 in the morning the Easter Bunny came after church. Church was especially nice, probably because my cute teenagers sang in a double quartet with three other brother/sister pairs. It was a beautiful song called, "Cast Your Burden on the Lord", I wish I had a videotape. They each sang a solo and followed by the final verse in four part harmony. It made me cry. Their accompanist was also AMAZING! (heh heh, it was me :D )
After church we came home and the Easter bunny had hidden eggs all over the backyard. Gid was an adept egg finder, just like his sister Hannah who was the champion, as usual. Zach got to go with the littles in the first heat because he somehow missed out the egg finding gene. He has always been hilariously inept at egg hunting and even after 16 years, still has a rough time with it. One egg rolled under our inground trampoline and will remain there until some lucky creature finds it. I hope it doesn't start stinking with the heat of summer!
We had a pork roast with roasted potatos, asparagus, broccoli and french bread for dinner and strawberry shortcake for dessert. Here are the pics I have (of the egg dying AND the tulips which are now featured on my blog background.) I hope everyone had as lovely a day as we did.

Jonah proudly displaying his double infinity egg.

Cody was trying to be all cool about the egg dying, he is almost a teenager you know.

Curtis proudly displaying his work.

Eli humoring me with a mellow grin. He had tons of fun and kept asking for more eggs!

Gid just starting out.

Hannah got appointed to be Gid's partner, a messy job she soon abandoned.

Gid going it on his own.

******

*****

MY TULIPS! It is so sad that I can't grow tulips in Arizona.

*****

*****

*****

2 comments:
Your new background is lovely--very Springy. The easter bunny also comes to our house while we are at church. We never have to worry about sugar highs in sacrament.
We had so much fun with you last year. I wish Easter and spring break had cooperated this year. :) Love you guys!
Post a Comment