Sunday, November 21, 2010

The House is Alive...with the Sound of Music


The cast of Sound of Music -- Copperstar Repertory Theater Company
 "If I have to hear the yodeling of the lonely goat herd one more time I might have to kick the dog!" ~ Me during two months of show rehearsals.

Things were quite melodious this fall when Jonah was cast as Friedrich in the community production of  "The Sound of Music". I truly LOVE this musical, but discovered that a sure-fire way to begin to loathe something I previously adored is to have someone practicing, practicing and PRACTICING the music for 2 months straight! Of course, my 5 boys all turned into Von Trapp Family singers, so the effect multiplied exponentially.

When the show finally premiered it was worth all the moments of near-insanity. Jonah had a blast and sang his high G with seemingly no effort. The other actors were excellent and entertaining. The sets were amazing (they better have been, I joined MANY other volunteers and spent hours with a nail gun, paintbrush, and sandpaper building them.) It turned out to be so much better than any other local production I have ever seen. It was quite professional in its production value and well worth the $15 ticket price! (A bargain actually).

To appease the grandparents and my pathetically neglected blog, here are oodles of pictures. The next production is going to be Music Man -- I have three kids planning to audition. Oh help, I used to adore that musical too. :D

The Whistle

Do re mi fa so la ti...

"You must learn to sing."
Friedrich waltzes with Louisa

"Good byyyyyyyyyyyyye."

So long, farewell.

"Have you been climbing trees today?"

Singing Lonely Goat Herd to feel happy during a thunderstorm.

"Maria's back from the abbey!"

"Tea with jam and bread."


Friedrich sings: "Yodel ayee, yodel ayee, yodel ai hee hoo."

At the festival.

The Von Trapp Family Singers




1 comment:

Jonah Byers said...

A few of those pictures are very unattractive of me.