Heavens to betsy but my office is getting cute! It just puts my little creative heart into happiness overload when I take something old, ugly and unusable and transform it into something new, fabulous and functional too. (Fabulous in my opinion at least, and since I'm the only one that has to enjoy it, then mine is the only one that matters. Pretty selfish, huh?) Take these here old dining room chairs.
(Sorry, I've been listening to a book on tape set in Mississippi circa 1960 and I'm thinking with a twang.) Black and gold plaid upholstered, threadbare seats, comfy but horrific. We got them at a garage sale in trade for our old vaccum. Ugly, huh?
But, add some new fabric, a daisy-covered ribbon ("Daisies are the friendliest flower, don't you think?" -- name that character and movie) and Voila! you get new office chairs that are uber-fun and oh-so-cute!!!! I can't stand it, it makes me want to squeal.
Anyway, you get the picture...so here are a couple more of my newly refurbished office chairs. I guess it's obvious...when it comes to creating, in my world, cuteness is required. :D




2 comments:
Wow! I have no ability whatsoever to do that sort of thing, so I'm very impressed.
Meg Ryan, "You've Got Mail"! :-D
And your office is ADORABLE!!!
Post a Comment