Wednesday, January 23, 2008

You never know what you're going to find...

...in your baby's jammies?!!! I was cuddling Gid after he got up this morning and I noticed something long and hard inside the leg of his footie jammies. Huh? So I unzipped him, fished down the leg and pulled out...
a SCREWDRIVER! Good grief! I really don't remember stuffing a screwdriver down his leg when I got him ready for bed last night! I know he wandered off and was happily exploring for a few minutes after I got him dressed, so my only guess is that he found the screwdriver and for reasons inexplicable to all but the toddler demographic, stuck it down his jammies from the neck. I can't imagine that it was all that comfortable to sleep with a screwdriver in the leg of his jammies, but maybe he felt safer knowing he could whip out his screwdriver and poke anyone who messed with him in his crib in the middle of the night! I guess there's always another mystery or adventure around here!

7 comments:

*~*Jill*~* said...

Snorting out Loud funny!!


This just totally made my day - as it's something my own child would do/has done.

JJ said...

You make me laugh. I love your writing style. Hey, you never know when you might need a screwdriver in the middle of the night!!! Maybe I'll start sleeping with one myself.

erin black said...

Maybe you should include a screwdriver in his jammies every night. At the very least, he'll learn to live with discomfort, and maybe it'll even make him super-handy around the house. He'll make the ideal husband someday! :)

Deborah said...

You had me a little worried there. I wasn't quite sure where you were going with that!

Cool to hear the Little River Band.

Jeanette said...

Very funny! I think I need a little of your sense of humor so I will see the funny side to the craziness in my house. :)

Heather said...

Did he sleep through the night? Let me know,if he did, I'll try it with Benjamin. Maybe that's excatly what Benjamin needs.
lol.

Becky said...

Gid, the Tool Guy, Byers! augh, augh, augh (tool man grunting) Just don't send him to school like that--might be misconstrued as a concealed weapon, or something.