Our beloved President of the Church, Gordon B. Hinckley passed away this week. He was an extraordinary man who had boundless energy, a wonderful sense of humor, and an unwavering testimony in the Savior, Jesus Christ. Although I have seen other prophets come and go, Pres. Hinckley has truly been the prophet I have known and loved best. Someone sent me this tribute and I wanted to share it and offer it as my tribute as well. Pres. Hinckley would have hated the praise and adoration, but it is well deserved.
I got this quote from my friend Jenny's blog -- she quotes a book by President Hinckley written for the women of the world. This truly illustrates how positive, powerful, yet humble Pres. Hinckley was.
"People wonder what we do for our women. I tell you what we do: we get out of their way and look with wonder at what they can accomplish."
"Believe in yourself. Believe in your capacity to do great and good things. Believe that no mountain is so high that you cannot climb it. Believe that no storm is so great that you cannot weather it. You are not destined to be a scrub. You are a child of God, of infinite capacity.
Believe that you can do it-whatever it is the you set your heart on. Opportunities will unfold and open before you. The skies will clear when they have been dark and portent."
Pres. Hinckely, I'm so happy that you are with your sweet and funny wife again -- but you will be missed dearly by those of us whose lives you have touched.
1 comment:
I loved this. Thank you so much for posting it. JJ
Post a Comment