.jpg)
I just thought I'd share the photo I framed and auctioned off for our fundraiser (see "A Lazy Weekend"). I took this picture of the sunrise over the lake near our house a couple of days after my mom went into the hospital. The few weeks she was here before she got sick, she mentioned several times that wanted to see one of our famous, spectacular sunsets, but we never got to see one. Well, I woke up with one of the "littles" on this Sunday morning and noticed that the clouds outside were really cool and would probably make an amazing sunrise, so I headed out with my camera. I took about 50 pictures and I just couldn't believe it could be so spectacular. When my mom woke up from her coma, I printed out the picture and brought it up to the hospital to put on my mom's wall where she could easily see it. Looking at it reminds me that God blesses us with phenomenal beauty which will take our minds off the troubles of the day, if we open our eyes to appreciate the gifts he gives.
4 comments:
I can't believe how gorgeous that picture is. What kind of camera do you have? Treg is trying to talk me into getting a digital camcorder that takes still shots any input on the idea? I'm starting to take more photos now that I'm a "serious blogger" (ha, ha) and I seriously need a better camera, mine stinks!!
Beautiful shot. When I see those sunsets my camera is always some where else.
Enjoyed the song on your blog.
http://www.organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/
Wow, what a breathtaking shot! If it weren't you and I didn't know of your spotless integrity, I would totally think it's fake. (That's what too much time spent with Photoshop will do to you!)Amazing catch! I bet your mom adored it.
That is beyond description gorgeous and breath-taking!!! Miss you all!
Post a Comment