Assorted tales, anectdotes, funny stuff and other things I probably should never reveal about the family (but I do anyway, because I can't help myself!)
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Gid's Many Talents
Boy, there's a serious bloggy slump going on here in my house. I wish I could figure out what happened to my creative juices (also the cleaning and cooking juices!) So, I just thought I'd make a record of all the things that Gid has thrown into my bathtub. (How many people just stopped reading?) Gid apparently has a gene that compels him to throw things into bodies of water (or potential bodies of water). He's a nightmare around the pool because EVERYTHING goes in the pool (except him). We've taken to locking all the bathroom doors because he was filling the toilets with hot wheels cars, spare rolls of toilet paper and toilet brushes. So now, he's decided it is his mission to clean everything off my bedroom floor and throw it into my large bathtub. Then he turns on the water and leaves it running while he sets off to destroy another part of the house. I feel that these talents, if harnessed may be a potential source of energy for all of North America, but right now they are irritating beyond belief! Hence, my bathtub is currently home to: one set of scriptures in the case, two unmated flip-flops, a smattering of junk mail, someone's discarded homework, underwear, three used pull-ups (now filled with water to the about-ready-to-burst point), a sleeve of saltines, some actual tub toys, a head band, two hair scrunchies, a box of baby wipes, some sponge bob pajamas, one unmated sock and a stripey blue shirt with a dinosaur on it. I'm sure you're all wondering why I don't take these things out. I guess I've just been spending my time in some other part of the house picking up a mess he made two weeks ago and I can't keep up with the backlog! If anyone has a suggestion to cure Gid of this habit, I'm all ears! But for now, my tub will be the first place I look for lost items and we'll all wash up in the guest bathroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Who needs to have creative juices with reality like that! That's hilarious! That is quite a tub inventory, and I'm sure NO ONE can top it!
nat!
Where's the picture?!
I think Gid & Jozen could be partners in crime. Jozen is the Mr. Destructo of this house. At least he's cute, or he might not still be alive. :)
I am so sorry you are still going through this. Not to boast, but did you realize my youngest will be 7 in 3 weeks? ;)
Oh Jen...
The solution to your Gid issue is so simple, I'm amazed that you haven't thought of it yourself. Just fill the tub with Jello (TM)!
Post a Comment