Sunday, August 24, 2008

Deep Thoughts

So I was watching Teletubbies with Gid (and with that one sentence I've already lost all credibility!) and the live action clip (a standard part of every Teletubbies episode) showed a bunch of kids in Korea blowing bubbles. They had a big bowl of bubble solution and the first shot was of a little boy with a homemade bubble wand. He was dipping it in the solution and waving it around and I'm thinking, "How quaint, I love his little homemade bubble wand." Then it cuts to several of the other children frolicking around with these really cool, plastic bubble trumpets and whistles and other bubble thing-a-ma-jigs. Instantly, the mom in me takes notice of these cool toys and I wonder where they would have gotten such a vast aray of cool bubble paraphernalia. Then it dawns on me, if you want to find endless varieties of cheap plastic toys, they're probably "Made in Korea". Korean kids must have the BEST Happy Meals toys EVER! But why does the first kid have to make his own bubble wand out of wire, a stick and some tape? It's definitely something to ponder. See! Teletubbies already had me thinking deep thoughts and it was only 7:15 a.m. (Or maybe it was sleep deprivation from getting up with Gid at 6:00 a.m. every morning.) Anyhoo, I'm so glad I could give the world something to think about. You're welcome.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

I remember those Teletubby days. The live action clips were the only thing to get me through 30 minutes.

The Laundry Queen said...

Last night, while watching the closing ceremonies of the Olympics, I kept looking at all of the props they were using, thinking, "I wonder if there's any lead paint in that?" Not as deep as your thought, but as a mom, I'm just glad I had a thought!

Christensen's said...

I hate to burst your bubble(get it). I have a friend who lives in China and when they moved over there they thought "we wont take any toys with us since everything is made in china" WRONG! (kind of) everything is made in China (or Korea) but they ship all the good stuff to America. My friend said all the available toys in China are full of lead and are crap. They are taking a bunch of stuff back with them. Good thing we live in the land of plenty.

erin black said...

I gotta tell ya, I watched a lot of years of Teletubbies and I never ever once had a deep thought. Unless you count "If this doesn't end soon I'll slit my wrists" a deep thought... You are twice the mother that I am!