Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My Heavenly Vacation



I just got back from spending four days in heaven... I went to Utah to help my brother Ben and his wife Sara with their newborn son Wesley. This is the first time that I've gotten to hold, cuddle and appreciate a newborn without suffering from sleep deprivation, soreness in many unmentionable places and the effects of becoming a "dairy queen" to feed my baby (and 10 others if you judge by how much milk I can produce!) It was wonderful! What a sweet baby they have and how nice it was to be able to help out and feel that I might actually know how to do the baby thing (I would HOPE so after SEVEN!!!!) They are doing an amazing job and I'm so happy for them. Thanks Ben and Sara for giving me the perfect vacation and for sharing your beautiful baby with me, I miss him already!


My brother Ben, the proud Papa

My sister-in-law Sara giving Wesley his first bath.

Auntie Jen lovin' every minute of it!

4 comments:

erin black said...

I'm so very, very happy for them! And he is adorable!! Lucky you to get to be there, and lucky them to have your help.

PhatNat said...

How sweet! And how great that you got to go and help out!
I'm at the stage of life where I like to help out, and I don't wish for my own!

Becky said...

Yay Jen! Now you know why I hightailed it down every time you popped out a new nephew for me. One week to baby feet--can't wait!

Ernie said...

Aren't babies wonderful! (As long as you can give them back...)