In my last post I blanketly announced that kids who are homeschooled are just weird. Of course, I didn't mean my friends' kids (Williams, Christensens, etc. for all those I forgot). Everybody's been asking me, "Are my kids weird?" It was just a generalization and meant only to apply to people not reading my blog, for heaven's sakes! =) Also, for now I'm only homeschooling Curtis until I figure out how to do this (he'll be graduated by that time!) Zach and Hannah are doing well in High School and enjoying it a lot and the twins are loving middle school and would be hard to add in to the mix right now, but might get the opportunity later.
Also, for those few who care, I am totally open to suggestions because I really don't know what I'm doing. I'm basing it on the TJEd principles but would happily add in whatever else has merit and works well. So feel free to email me and let me know what you think.
If you are offended for reasons other than those mentioned above, let me know and I will do some more back-pedaling while I detach my foot from my mouth.
P.S. Curtis has been blogging about homeschool. I'm hoping to encourage his writing this way, but I'll bet he'd want to write more if he got a few comments! His blog is titled, "The mooses blog that has any number of posts" and has a feed on my blog, in the left-hand column.
2 comments:
My hubby knew a home-schooling family there, and the boy his age used to whip out his "you-know-what" everywhere he went-- even laying it on the counter at McDonald's while he placed his order and paid. So, I'd say I'll never be home-schooling our kids.
That being said, I also know some pretty normal folk who have been home-schooled (I say "pretty normal", because I don't think anyone is completely normal, do you?). I think that in some cases the reason they're home-schooled is because they struggle socially, not that home-schooling made them that way.
Boy! You'd think I had an opinion on this.
Jen, you were a hero before ... but this is going to make it really difficult for the rest of us. A beautiful house (and it doesn't always have to be clean to be beaufiful!), 7 beautiful kids (who don't always need matching socks), an amazing sense of self and spirit and now also provider of education? You've got a killer resume!
Post a Comment