Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Autumn Challenge

Ah, fall. The nip in the air, the crunchy leaves on the ground, the cozy nights in front of the fireplace -- wait, where is that happening again? It occurred to me this morning that it seems so strange to hang my fall wreath on the door when my world does not resemble it in the least! So I came up with a challenge for my boys' blogs (and my own) to write on the subject: "If the pilgrims had landed in Arizona, what would Thanksgiving dinner have been like and what would the symbols of autumn be?" Jonah thought I should open up the challenge to all my bloggy friends, so I am. For those of you who look outside and for whatever reason your world is not the ideal autumnal experience that we celebrate, I want to know what Thanksgiving/Autumn would have been had the pilgrims landed in your state. Anyone is welcome to participate, just comment here and let me know to come see what you came up with. I'll be posting mine after my boys, so they don't get too inspired by reading mine! Get ready for my best sarcasm! (heh heh)

2 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

If the pilgrims had landed here, they most certainly would have eaten green jello with carrots (or some other jello-y concoction), funeral potatoes, and frog eye salad!

Anonymous said...

I think... prickley pear jam and hot, very hot flake-apart-in-your-mouth rolls! Mmm--what could possibly taste better!

Jen I love your blog! Your writing makes me laugh as well as think. You are an inspiration!