This was my dream: Our family had to move someplace far away, so we packed up many belongings and I loaded them and all the family onto a flatbed trailer hooked up to Curty's bike. Then I got on the bike and started pedaling, pulling the rest of the family on the trailer as I searched for a new house for us in a very snowy place. After many hours of pedaling this tiny, inadequate bike, I spied an abandoned house behind some huge, eight to ten foot snowdrifts that might work for the night. I wanted to check out some more options though, so I decided to keep searching for a while.
I eventually came to a small city that was entirely indoors with church carpeting everywhere instead of concrete. It was warm and nice and I turned back to see what the family thought, only to discover that somewhere behind me, they had bailed off the trailer without telling me. I was so frustrated to have to leave this great place and go look for them! I trekked back out into the snow and discovered they had stayed in the abandoned house and were frolicking about in the snow out front. I got off the bike and headed toward them, only to fall off a ledge and deep into a snow bank that towered above me six or eight feet. I could see the snow that had gathered on the ledge was unsteady and several feet of it was about to fall on top of me at any moment. I yelled and yelled for anyone in the family to help me. I could hear them laughing and throwing snowballs, but no one would come to my rescue. Then I woke up.
Ren always says my dreams are boring, they're so obvious in their meaning. This time, I would have to agree. Though the things that come out in my dreams are never my conscious thoughts or feelings, they certainly strike a familiar chord in me when I ponder them. I think I'm tired of being responsible. What do you think?
6 comments:
I think it sounds to me like you're tired-- not of being responsible, necessarily-- but of having people be happy to use you to do all the work, but not pay any attention or care that you might need some help. And, even when we ask, we are often ignored (or treated like a nag).
I am thinking of making a rule in my house-- when I sit down, everyone can sit and relax-- but if I'm working, EVERYONE darn well better be finding something to do! I find I resent it sometimes when I am working while everyone else is sitting, and they pay me no mind-- even though there are plenty of things they could be doing.
Boy! I sound like my mom!
Sounds like there needs to be a bucket-like garbage can within reach of the toilet. It can even be dumped on the floor in those times of urgent need--heaven knows the garbage is way easier to clean up! I speak from sad experience here. If it's coming out both ends, the back end needs to stay on the potty, plain and simple.
As for you dream, I have to concur with my dear sister the Laundry Queen, although she's got one more worker than I do. And yes, you do sound like Mom, but aren't you used to that by now? ;)
Don't you mean I have one more non-worker, janeannechovy?
It sounds to me like your dream is telling you to move to Rochester!
Hey Jen, Read my 1 year post and tell what you think. Life is strange but dreams are even stranger.
Tim
I liked your dream. It had drama (having to find a new home). Suspense (where did my family ditch me?). Thrills (you falling off the ledge). I give it a seven. :)
Post a Comment