
Eli is an anomaly in this family. We've often expressed concern that he wasn't quite as quick on the uptake as some of our other children. I suppose that still remains to be seen because who knows what the next few years will reveal. The strange thing about him is that when it comes to physical adventures and abilities, this kid rocks! For a long time he was a real daredevil. He's gotten a little less so upon entering his whineyhood. But he took to riding a trike with ease compared to his older brothers and sisters. Recently he got disgusted with his three-wheeled scooter and moved on to his older brothers' razor scooters. I didn't think it would last, but next thing I know, he's coasting down the sidewalk! When I saw a neighbor's four year-old daughter riding a two wheeler, I hatched a plan to set a new record for youngest bike rider in the family (not a hard record to break -- I think Zach was six, the bubbies were 6 1/2 and Curtis was 7!) When I told Eli about Sophie, the two wheeled bike riding genius girl, he started begging Ren to take off his training wheels. Two days later, (and a little bribe to keep up the incentive), he's riding like a crazy man! He just has to figure out how to get started on his own, but he worked on that for a LONG time today and will have it tomorrow, for sure. When he can start on his own and ride all the way around the block, I promised him I'd go buy a slip'n'slide (it has to be now before the water in the hose comes out scalding hot!) I took some pics of his accomplishments and Ren did a video. He may not be the sharpest crayon in the Byers Box when it comes to things like logic and cause and effect, but he can whoop all those other Byers boys when it comes to pure athletic talent. Good for you Eli!

It's a good thing Curtis was around so he could show Eli the advanced tricks. Curtis is now the pro after being a bike rider for four whole months!Here's Curtis performing his spectacular, "Flying Dead Man!" I'm going to have a Circus on my hands when he and Eli get done with their adventures!

Here's the video:

Here's the video:

1 comment:
Jen, those are awesome pictures. I love the one with his big big smile while riding. I'm thoroughly impressed - he even has the turns down! My daughter is a long way off from this moment. She rode her big wheel the 3/4 block to the mail box and almost back to our house before saying, "you carry my bike mom" Isn't it great everyone's got their own talents:) Way to go Eli!
Post a Comment