Monday, May 4, 2009

Family Fun!

I just thought I'd share the easy and entertaining Family Home Evening we had tonight. We read part of the LDS Proclamation to the World on the Family where it says successful families on based on the principles of faith, prayer...(a bunch of good things) and "wholesome family activities." I told the kids that I wanted to show them some videos and then we'd discuss what this means.  Here is one of the videos I got off of youtube. It's from a series of mormonads the church has put out that are uniquely hilarious and put together so well.


After we watched all three (the other two were Stagecoach and Sci-Fi) we talked briefly (because I was holding Gid who didn't nap and was screaming for more shows) about how we could work on our activities together -- playing games, taking walks, etc.. to be closer as a family. Then for the activity we divided into teams and acted out great battles from the scriptures in the backyard using shovels, pool noodles and stuffed animals for props. There was the usual amount of bickering over who was going to be what and sulking when things didn't go the way of a few who shall remain nameless, so I was a bit frustrated. But overall, despite the normal imperfections, it was an entertaining and positive FHE. What would family home evening be without some yelling, crying and general mayhem anyway? =D

2 comments:

ecuakim said...

Clark is amazingly fond of FHE. We tell him it's time for Family Home Evening and he shouts "Okay!" and jumps up on the couch and sits still with his little arms folded. We pray, sing, share a story with him, sing and pray again and we're done. That's it. All we can manage right now, but he loves it! That should count for something, right?!

Deborah said...

At least you are having FHE. You are ahead of the pack.