Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Signs?!


While driving through the Del Taco drive-through today with the boys in the car, Eli (the 4 year-old) pointed out a new and important sign for mothers of boys everywhere.

He said, "Look Mom! There's a sign that says DON'T PEE ON THE SIDEWALK!"

As I hushed the uproarious laughter issuing forth from the other boys, I asked him, "Where is it, Eli?"

"Right there! The one with the red circle and the line through it."

I looked over at the drive-through window and saw this:

(just in case you can't see it, it is a no-smoking sign)


And speaking of signs...on this, the first official day of autumn, I just thought I'd mention that there are NO signs of fall coming here in Arizona. This is a bad thing for me because I am sick, sick, SICK of wearing shorts. All the stores have jeans, sweaters, long sleeve shirts and cute little sweat outfits on display, some of which I have purchased but cannot wear! So, I came up with a solution the other day. I announced to the family that I would be cranking the air conditioning waaaaaaaay down and wearing my new cute sweats. I also served hot soup and homemade bread. Take that Arizona!

5 comments:

JJ said...

Awww man, I can't get the sign image to show up on my computer. I'm dying to know what the sign was. What possible sign can a boy confuse for a no peeing sign????

Luckily you now live somewhere where you can afford to turn on the air ha, ha.

You can come here and wear your jeans. It's much cooler than in AZ. It's only high 90's here...uggghhhh!! Ready for the heat wave to end.

JJ said...

Ha, ha, yes much funnier when you can see the image. ummmmm...how exactly do you guys pee at your house???

The Laundry Queen said...

Har!

HeyJunie said...

That is hilarious.

Mary Sunshine said...

Hi Jen! I hope you don't mind if I read and add you to my oft read blog list. If you do mind, let me know! Your mom says your outlook on family life as written in your blog is worth following and so far, I agree!