Friday, October 2, 2009

Lip Action

It's been a bad year for Byers lips. If you remember, back in the spring I had surgery on my lip and looked like Frankenstein for a while. Well, I have trained my children so well, that they are working hard to follow my example. The highest achievers in the lip category have gone to heroic measures to emulate my Frankenstein look, so I thought I'd share their accomplishments.

A couple of weeks ago, after suffering two previous bike crashes out on the mountain trails with his Dad, Zach crashed on his bike during a harrowing ride...to school. (Sorry Zach, it's just so ironic that your worst crash was on the sidewalk.) He called me at 6:30 a.m. to tell me that he'd crashed and broken his tooth. Poor Zach! Here's what he looked like when I found him...

Skinned and swollen lip, bleeding chin and lovely broken tooth.

And here's a creepy one of him (below) He's all ready for Halloween!


Not to be outdone by his brother, Eli was riding his bike two days ago, slipped on a patch of sand and smashed his lip too. It was hard to get the right angle on him, his is really sticking out like a Who from Who-ville.





I am sure that Cody would feel slighted if I didn't resurrect the pictures of him when he had surgery to remove an extra tooth in the front of his mouth. He had the best swollen lip of anybody! Unfortunately, he is disqualified from the best lip contest because his fat lip entry was from several years ago and we don't want to compete with him!

Well readers, you can decide who wins the contest. Vote and let your voice be heard. As for the Byers family, listen up! I think we've had enough Lip Action for one year -- so I'd like to announce that this contest is closed.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

That is some bad luck. If I were your relative I would be afraid of getting on a bike. Sounds like a curse to me. Hope you're feeling better

HeyJunie said...

Wow-I am sorry to hear about the Byers misfortunes with biking. I hope your luck turns around. Your kids are real troopers!

Heather said...

Such sad pictures! I vote for Eli -- I'll admit, I'm biased. I just can't help but think of him as part mine!