They might grow up with a complex, but it can't be helped...I adore taking photos of my two littles! In those rare moments when they are happily engaged in something so incredibly full of personality and photographic potential, how can I not hover over them and capture as many slices of that moment as I possibly can?
Way back in May when the weather was suitably summery and we could still hang out in the back yard (this post will explain all about that Arizona hot thing), I looked at the back window and beheld Gordon and Sherman eating endless slices of watermelon and relishing every minute of it.
Unfortunately, once they realized I was taking pictures of them AND discovered my frustration when they closed their eyes, they took full advantage of that information. Most of the shots I got of them they are either closing their eyes to provoke me to squeals of frustration and mock anger or hamming it up big time for the camera. No longer candid but still cute.
Their Dad decided to offer his aid and introduced a new element to the situation...
After 15 or 20 minutes of this, they were STILL eating watermelon! It is highly doubtful that anyone else got more than one piece; more doubtful still that they ate any dinner after this marvelous hors d'oevre.
What more can I say -- I adore these little guys and am thrilled they keep me young and supplied with quotes and great pictures. And thank heavens, of course, for watermelon!
2 comments:
Wow! That's a lot of watermelon. The photos are, indeed, super cute, but I can't help but think of the after-effects of so much watermelon consumption.
Ahem. I believe that the *real* story was that I pointed out to you that the light was really good outside and the boys were very picturesque with their watermelon. "looked out the window," indeed!
Post a Comment