Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hannah's Turn to Camp



It seems only fitting that I dedicate a post to my ONLY DAUGHTER leaving me for a WHOLE WEEK to go to camp. *sniff, sniff* I have to admit I sent the boys off with a little happiness in my heart to have a quieter, cleaner house; but sending my Hannie off makes me sad. There will be far too much testosterone here with only me to combat it!

We had to laugh as she prepared for camp...Zach noted as he watched her packing construction paper, cute signs, fun notebook paper for writing letters and adorable little gifts for the campers that: "Girls sure pack differently for camp than boys do!" (or something like that) Then she told him that they would be water-proofing matches using melted crayons in the YW Value Colors. Hahaha! How can she leave me here with all these barbaric boys who just don't understand the need for cuteness?!



This year Hannah is a YCL (Youth Certification Leader) so she gets to play big sister to all those younger girls. She'll be awesome. She's so excited and happy and I think she remembers what it was like her first year when she missed home and felt so out of place. But just in case she gets a touch of that homesickness herself, I wrote her a note for each day she'll be gone. The boys and Ren wrote her notes too, since she sent secret letters in their bags when they went off to camp.

So, here's praying that my Hannah has a great week, doesn't have to evacuate because of forest fires burning in the area and gets to shower a couple of times. We'll see her on Saturday morning when we drive through Flagstaff and pick her up on our way to a family reunion in Idaho or Wyoming or something like that. Hannah calls it Wyomingaho. I'll finish with the limerick I wrote for her to read on Day 4 of camp:

Ode to Hannah

There's a girl named Hannah I know
Who off to girl's camp did go.
Now I'm alone with the boys
and the stink
and the noise!
Well, I'll see her in Wyomingaho!


1 comment:

denise @ little ant design said...

I feel your pain - I hate when my girls are gone. They were ay Youth Conference last weekend for 2 days and the house just wasn't the same.

Have fun with the stinky boys :)