Saturday, December 10, 2011

Lunar Eclipse

So we had another Byers nerdfest this morning. Six of us woke up at 6:00 am and braved the arctic Arizona temperatures (hey, it was only 39 degrees!) to watch the total lunar eclipse.
We had learned from our research that the moon should become totally red from the shadow of the earth and the refracted light through the dust in our atmosphere, so we were excited to witness the event.

Unfortunately, competing against city lights made the effect much smaller and less impressive than we had hoped. Then the sun rose in the east before the moon was completely covered in the west, making it harder to see.

Still, it was an "experience" and we were there to witness it. My camera couldn't capture it at all...frustrating! So here's what I got, plus the shots I took when I got distracted by the sunrise over the railroad tracks. :)


1 comment:

Jeanette said...

I'm not so sure the eclipse picts look...well, like anything. But the tracks in the sunrise was pretty dang cool! It looks like lines of light with some really cool perspective type stuff.