Thursday, September 5, 2013

Bumpy Weather on the Homefront


So I get to find out what kind of day Gid had in 1st grade by looking at his folder. Sunny is awesome, cloudy not so good (and the weather goes downhill after that.) Yesterday, Ren took out the folder to check and there was a cloud. I try not to make too big of a deal out of these things, so I casually asked Gid what happened. Oh my, it was the best moment of the day. His explanation went something like this:

Gid: So you know how we had hot dogs for lunch yesterday? Well, I ate my hot dog and then I just had my bun left and I looked at it and then I picked it up and yelled, "HEY CHRIS, GO LOOONG!"

Me: (stifling giggles) You really threw it?!

Gid: Yes!

Me: (totally stifling more laughter) Gid, we don't start food fights at school.

Gid: Fine.

How many times have I had to say, "We're in trouble with this one,"? Well, here's one more. No more Captain Underpants for this child.

No comments: