Friday, November 2, 2007

Just kidding...my life is now a crime drama!

There are those life rules that you have to learn the hard way. Even though I've learned this one many times, I guess I must have forgotten today's iteration. It is: NEVER start a blog and leave your two year-old unattended. While I was typing my first post in Ren's office, a little criminal was hard at work in the guest room/my office (where I thought he was watching a Dora the Explorer DVD). Here's what I found when I finished and walked down the hall to discover the guest room door CLOSED.

First, I saw the CRIME SCENE!



Sharpie marker EVERYWHERE and destruction evident all around. Then I screamed. Then I watched Eli hit the floor on his tummy, tucking his head into his arms as if to hide from the banshee coming at him.


Luckily for him, my life was still a sitcom at this moment, so I thought, "Hey! This will make a great blog entry!" and started snapping pictures!

See, my earlier post still applies, instead of spanking him, I just took pictures of him. So much less damaging than abuse I'd say. So anyway, even in a crime drama, the culprit is caught and there's a smug resolution. Now I'd better go see what my next post is going to be about (because I don't know where the 1 year-old OR the 2 year-old is!)

6 comments:

Deborah said...

Jen, love the layout you are using. Great pictures of Eli. I have a couple like that myself. It is fun to be able to look back and laugh at these situations.

AaronB said...

Yeah, I'm just wondering...if you had given him a little bit more time, how much sharpie would be on Gid AND on Eli? Now, I guess we'll never know.

Jen said...

Hey now that would be an easy Halloween costume...just strip the "littles" down to their diapers and let Eli go crazy with the sharpy! They could be modern art for Halloween!

Scrapdragon said...

What a scream,, your blog is looking great,, and such a great read,, B x

Becky said...

Bwahahahaha!!!! Way to go, Lucy! (said with a spanish accent) Oh wait, Not a spanish accent cuz I'm Ethel, not Ricky. Keep on swimmin...keep on swimmin...keep on swimmin...

Jonah Byers said...

Yeah mom! Let's make eli and gid abstract art. Just let eli do what he does!