Wednesday, November 7, 2007

What's going on in the universe?

There is a strange deja-vu-ish vibe happening in my universe right now--and NOT in a good way. Nine years ago, we lived in Rochester, NY and in late October, Ren left town to go to a conference in Seattle. While he was gone, one-by-one everyone came down with the stomach flu, starting with the twins who were babies and continuing on until all of us were laying on the floor in varying shades of green. Fast-forward nine years...Ren left town Monday to go to...Seattle for a conference. Should I have seen it coming? Well, there was no precedent, so I guess I didn't really have a warning that Tuesday morning I would wake up with the stomach flu. Actually, most of the kids had it over the last two weeks, but I thought I was safe! I've been laying in bed or running to the bathroom for two days now and vowing that I won'd let Ren go to Seattle in the fall again! Mercifully, he planned his trip to be short and came home this afternoon. The Littles (Eli (2) and Gideon (1)) are so happy to have an adult who cares about them again!

The other deja-vu was a bit less depressing...last week Ren traveled and when he came home he'd forgotten where he parked his car in the airport parking lot. So, he thought he'd be extra careful this time and make a note in his blackberry of his spot. When he started perusing the blackberry he found a file from two months ago when he'd traveled and had made a note of his spot...and he'd parked again in the exact same spot as he did in August! (Twilight Zone Theme Song: doo Doo doo Doo, doo Doo doo Doo) It was just weird!

Obviously, there are no appropriate pictures to post for this momentous, cosmic experience (I don't want to gross everyone out!) So, I'll just sign off green and tired in Arizona.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Sorry to hear you're feeling yucky. I fear I may be getting a cold and will be quite depressed if it turns into the flu! Hope you get feeling better soon. :)

Helena said...

I thought you were going to say it was the same spot he'd parked in nine years ago, and was going to suggest he avoid it in the future.

The word verification has a "byu" in the middle.