Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Partners in Crime Series

I didn't know it was going to be a special day. It's only in hindsight that I realize the moon must have been full or the planets all aligned or Jupiter's second moon was in the house of Mars or SOMETHING because, the "Littles" went on a rampage and Ren decided we'd be less likely to injure them if we caught it on film. Unfortunately, for some of these pictures, while we were capturing one of them on film, the other had moved on to something bigger and better.

So first, we found Eli and Gid helping themselves to our tub of margarine (Smart Balance, so at least they weren't getting too many trans-fats).


Then, within about 10 minutes, they'd disappeared again and Ren found them in the basement, happily dismantling games from the game closet.


Well, we decided to bring them upstairs (to keep an eye on them!) and since I was trying to get ready for the day, I brought Gid into the bathroom with me and he found some fun stuff under my bathroom sink. My twins used to call these "Num nums" because they looked like candy wrappers to them. Gid just thought they were fun to dump in large quantities on the floor.



But then, while I was happily photographing Gid and the "Num nums", Eli was even more happily finding a new "snack".


Which got messier as he tried to show me how great peanutbutter tastes!


So, when I walk into other people's houses, and I feel like a big fat failure because my house is a disaster and theirs are perfectly clean and nicely put together, I have to remember that they don't have the partners in crime running around doing that thing they do. I'm sure in 17 years when Gid graduates and leaves, I'll miss the tampons all over the floor and the two "Littles" helping themselves to one more knife-ful of Smart Balance.

5 comments:

Deborah said...

You may miss their cute little faces and their sweet little kisses, but I'm thinking you won't miss the messes. I'm not.

Ernie said...

How could I not fix your siggie at NDISB when you keep putting up posts like this?! :)

Jeanette said...

Thank you! It helps me realize my life and craziness is "normal"! :)

Becky said...

I really SHOULD miss those times, but I don't. I DO, however, thoroughly enjoy reading about YOUR time with the littles.

Curt the Cute said...

wow. I did not know that intill I read the post.