Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Another Hannah Post

Today was a verklempt kind of day for me. It started when I got a graduation announcement in the mail from my nephew Kyle. This is the child I watched being born and played mom to while I was still single in college and my sister lived close by. My roommates and I played with him, stuffed his outfits full of toilet paper to see him be all chubby and made visual stimulation mobiles for him out of kitchen utensils we hung suspended on string between the walls of our apartment hallway. I sat in my car, reading my mail with tears brimming in my eyes and slipping out of the corners wondering, "When did I get old enough to have a nephew graduate?"

Tonight the emotions continued as we went to Hannah's 8th grade promotion. I went out shopping while she was at school and bought five dresses for her, hoping that one of them would fit and be cute. I hit paydirt and she loved one of them! After school she went to get her hair cut into layers and styled for tonight. She looks so great, especially as she's been eating really healthy and exercising and has lost 15 pounds in the last two months! Again, I'm just in a daze at where the time goes and how my cute little daughter (who used to look like "Gidena" from my earlier post) is now this tall, beautiful soon-to-be High School Fresh(wo)man. So, I just thought I'd share some photos of her tonight with her friends and a profile of her that shows off her new slim look! ENJOY! (and let her know how great she looks!)





5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hannah... Way to go Chicka!!!!!!!
You look so amazing, so grown-up, so... (sniff) beautiful. When in the heck did you grow up & get those long legs? I'm so proud of you for everything you've accomplished, and I know you have so much more ahead of you that you will continue to amaze us all. Keep up the awesome work & remember always that you are a gorgeous woman inside & out... and, boys just don't deserve you. ;o)
Love ya girlie! Aunt Sher

Becky said...

Holy Canolie Hannah. You are GORGEOUS!!!! Now I'm going to have to be all sniffing and verklempt. Wow. I'm seriously proud of you--in every way. Favorite niece of the moment!!!

Jeanette said...

She does look great and so do you!

I can almost reminisce the same way about Zach that you do Kyle. It's still funny to think I was babysitting for you guys before I was part of the family!

Deborah said...

Hannah does look beautiful. What an accomplishment! 15# is great.

JJ said...

Hannah looks awesome. You go girl with all your willpower. I can't believe you are so grown up (of course I still think Curtis should be a baby too and NOT WRITING HIS OWN BLOG!! That's my baby we're talking about after all!!) Keep up the good work. Hannah. You're gorgeous and look healthy and glowing.