Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Artistic Chaos

My wonderful friend Jenny tagged me for my worst nightmare. It's a photo tour of some specific places and people in my house. The rules went like this. As soon as you get the tag you go and take pictures (without cleaning or straightening anything first) of...1. your toilet, 2. your closet, 3. what your children are doing right now, 4. your laundry room (argh!!), 5. your favorite room in the house, 6. a picture of yourself and 7. your kitchen sink. Jenny should know me better than to subject me to such humiliation, but I'm making the best of it. Everything looks better at fun angles and in black and white, right? So here is my latest photography exhibit titled, "Artistic Chaos". Some are more artistic than others. =]

There's just no making this closet look good, but I hoped the black & white would help a little...CLOSET IN CHAOS
*********************************************************************************************************
Not bad for my laundry room...LAUNDRY ROOM WITH SHOE GARDEN
*********************************************************************************************************
I really like how this one turned out. Who knew I could enjoy a toilet shot so much (the enjoyment would have been lessened astronomically if I hadn't just cleaned it last night after a LENGTHY period of neglect!)ANGLED COMMODE
*********************************************************************************************************
Just a note here: My sink is full of dishes. You don't want to see an ugly sink (and it is ugly!) full of the Byers old food, etc. Eww, nasty. So, here are actual pictures of the dishes in the sink, I just didn't include the sink in the shot. (By the way, I hope you enjoy the snowman bowl. These are bowls whose shape and size I love so much, they grace my cupboards year-round. Other people might think it strange to be eating out of a snowman bowl in June, but I find it makes me happy to see him in the bottom of my cinnamon Life.)
VINTAGE DISHES I
*********************************************************************************************************
VINTAGE DISHES II
*********************************************************************************************************
VINTAGE DISHES III
*********************************************************************************************************

Here I've captured my kids in their natural habitats...

BIG DRUMMER BOY
*********************************************************************************************************
STIMULATING BRAIN CELLS
*********************************************************************************************************
DESTROYING BRAIN CELLS (or "We're not playing on the computer!")
*********************************************************************************************************
CHEESE CHIP CHILD
*********************************************************************************************************
LIGHTNING MCQUEEN GROUPIE
*********************************************************************************************************
MR. INNOCENCE (with artistic blue chalk smeared on his face)
*********************************************************************************************************
And finally, a picture of me. Remember the previous blog post when I went out looking SCARY? Well, I seem to be having a series of scary days, as this self-portrait can attest. So this is me, with yesterday's makeup on after working out. (That's what I get for checking my blog instead of showering!) I made the best of it...
WOMAN IN VINTAGE MAKEUP
*********************************************************************************************************

Now, (heh heh heh -- evil laugh) I'm going to tag Becky, Erin, and Heather W. May your homes not be in the chaos mine was when I got tagged! And remember, if you replace the word "old" with the word "vintage" you create art!

4 comments:

Heather said...

uggh I am sick and have been since Sunday...still want to see the pics of my "vintage house" I be you can smell it from there.

Deborah said...

Love this post and the "vintage" pics. I don't know if I would have the guts to do this.

Jeanette said...

Very creative! I think it does look more artistic in b&w. Do you have a digital camera that does b&W? I never knew such a thing existed.

The Laundry Queen said...

Love the picture of the toilet...I can feel the toilet angst!