Saturday, October 25, 2008

I Dreamed a Dream...

Last night I had the craziest dream! I'm cracking up at how strangely it was rooted in reality. This was my dream...

I was running around with Curtis and Eli through the mazelike hallways of an old house. There was a Tsunami coming and we could see GIGANTIC waves, hundreds of feet tall coming to demolish our whole world. The boys and I were looking for our Sunday shoes because besides being stylish, they also allowed us to fly, so we could escape the impending waves of doom. Eli and I had on our magical flying Sunday shoes, but as happens pretty much weekly, we just couldn't find Curty's Sunday shoes anywhere! I was getting frantic and yelling at him, "Curtis, think! Where did you take them off?!!!" He was crying and saying he didn't know while I ran from room to room desperately seeking but not finding them. I was sinking into despair when another scary realization hit me, "If the tsunamis destroy the world, they will also destroy the server that has my blog on it and I've never printed any of it out!" It was that thought that shot me into wakeful reality and left my heart beating crazily!

I think I have felt every bit as frantic to find Sunday shoes in real life when we are running late, as I did when the world was coming to an end and we needed to get out of there. At least in my dream, finding the Sunday shoes really was a life threatening emergency. In real life it should probably be downgraded to a minor annoyance. Was my brain trying to jive my weekly Sunday panic with a situation that fit the mood better? Well, if it was I don't really appreciate it; I'm feeling a little like my superego is chastising my id and my ego is finding out about it after-the-fact. That's what I get for growing up with a therapist. Thanks alot Freud, I mean Dad!

2 comments:

Heather said...

jen i don't have your email but yahoo has a homeschooling idea group called "click schooling" it has wonderful ideas and you can get a "elective" sent to your inbox daily if you want. today is film making for tweens/teens.
my email is heatherwilliams8atgmaildotcom

Heather said...

you dream is whacked, but what dream really isn't