We have such a grand time playing Balderdash with the family that I've already posted once about it (And Curty Says...) Well here's another great definition of a word by Curty: the word is tantony. The real definition explains that the word comes from St. Anthony, the patron saint of swine-herds and means the runt of the litter. That's an odd little tidbit to pack into your brain, huh? Well Curty's definition is much more straightforward: "A guy named Tony and has a tan." Of course!
The other funny fact exposed during this particular game of Balderdash was that my kids believe everything I say. At least two or three of them always vote for my definitions. I like this phenomenon alot, but I had to laugh when I put it to the test. The word we got was proggers. For a woman that has birthed seven children, the similarity to preggers, was just too much so I wrote, "A group of pregnant frogs." I figured even I had to write a silly one that everybody would laugh at once in a while. I got two votes for my definition! Woo hoo! I have power over my children. I can tell them anything and they will believe me. It's fortunate for them that I watched the movie Spiderman, where I learned, "With great power comes great responsibility," (Thanks Uncle Ben) or I could really mess them up.
2 comments:
Enjoy that while it lasts!!! Can you fly Curty up to play with us--I'm bored. heehee
Ha ha! That was a good one for proggers:-) Can I come be a kid at your house for a day? It sounds like fun!
Post a Comment