Note: I was feeling as lovely as I looked when I took this gorgeous self-portrait today while the family played at the lake. I look like my lip has been sewn shut.
*************
I had my fifth skin cancer removed today, from my upper lip. I had my first removed 12 years ago and have had others through the years, but this was the most painful and involved. Since it's on my lip and was possibly a nodular basel cell carcinoma they did a deeper incision to make sure they got it all and then a tricky cutting above and below the spot to pull the sides together and stitch them for minimal scarring. Along with tricky cutting comes a dozen or so stitches, a big fat lip and a very LARGE bandage. Lovely. Painful. Lots of regrets.

7 comments:
What does this have to do with you tanning beds? And this is the 5th???!!!! I thought it was the first!
Looking at your picture, I can see all you are feeling in your eyes. Get better.
ouch! we hope you feel better soon.
I can so sympathize. I have had more removed than I can even count. I haven't used tanning beds - just the nature of my fair skin and growing up in sunny Arizona. I hope you heal quickly!
Live in Rochester, NY and you don't have to worry about the sun.
I'm glad you clarified the picture. It was a little freaky and I was trying to figure out why you had a second mouth that was apparently sewn shut :-) Hope you feel better soon. I'm sure the tan looked hot at the time :-)
Very scary and I agree with anonymous.
Post a Comment