 |
| The "Before" Picture |
We really have been hunting for Easter eggs a LOOOOONG time in this family! I remember our first Easter, before Zach was born, the "Easter Bunny" gave me the cutest stuffed turtle in my basket. I wonder what happened to him? A few years later when the kids started asking what sounds animals make, Ren would hold up the turtle and say, "Hi Chum!" in a low, turtley voice. We still say it for turtles, almost two decades later. =)
Easter hasn't changed much since then. We first and foremost celebrate our Savior's resurrection and emphasize to the kids the true meaning of Easter. Then after church they get to look in their baskets and then go on an egg hunt. The fun thing about having kids both big and little is that the "" like to be junior Easter Bunnies for the "littles." I love how it starts to come full circle. I also love seeing big, manly teenage boys walking around with Easter baskets on their arm. =D
 |
| Here's the family with all the treats and goodies. Jonah is in the front looking for his eyeballs. |
 |
| We don't really NEED any new stuffed animals to join the Byers stuffed zoo, but Easter just isn't complete without a new stuffed bunny. |
 |
| The "Big" side of Easter. Cody is thinking, "I'm too cool for my basket...too coooool for my basket." |
 |
| Eli was the egg finding master! |
 |
| Cody feeling a little frustrated that being bigger doesn't necessarily make you a better hunter of eggs. |
 |
| Gideon with his multitude of eggs. He was a very happy boy! |
 |
| Oh Hannah -- will you ever just smile for me? hee hee |
 |
| Curty, I think that's a tomatillo, not an egg! |
 |
| Jonah searching, searching, searching... |
 |
| My "littles" traipsing through the garden on the hunt for eggs. |
 |
| Curty stops to smile for the camera so Grandma Byers can actually see his face. *wink, wink* |
 |
The whole Byers crew (from bottom left): Gideon, (next row back) Curtis, Eli, (back row) Jonah, Cody, Hannah and Zach.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment