Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Kitty Power!


Kittens have disturbing powers. Just one look and a crowd of boys is reduced to cooing piles of mush. Let them each hold a kitten and they're goners. 

We got to visit our friends the Goldthwaites on their "farm" today and experience the power of kittens firsthand. My heart is still melting two hours later. Watching my boys, from smallest to biggest, succumb to the power of kitteny-fluff and sweet, big blue eyes was almost as fun as cuddling the little things myself. If we could just give a kitten to every evil dictator in the world, we could have world peace (or world domination) depending on our desire to use kitten power for good or evil. Shh! Don't tell anyone, this is too big for the government to handle! :)
I can't decide whose face looks funnier here: Eli's or the kitten's?

Cody is out to prove that even cool dudes can handle the siren song of kittens mewing.
Oh Gideon, you and that kitten about made my heart burst with the supreme cuteness of it all!

Curty is the animal whisperer -- kittens are not immune to his calm, inner sweetness. He had them crawling all over him and purring away. 

My big lug Zach with the sweetest little grey one. He doesn't usually accompany the rest of us on our little field trips, but when he heard we were going to see kittens, he was more than happy to tag along. 

If only the husband wasn't so allergic! (and several of the kids) Maybe we could confine them to just one part of the house...then the rest of us could play with the kittens all we wanted! =)

3 comments:

ecuakim said...

Are the kittens for sale? Clark wants one desperately. Not that I've decided to get one, I'm just curious.

Unknown said...

I desperately want one too. I think Jared's glad we live so far away. :(
And, your plan for kitten world domination is Brilliant, I say! Take that all you slimy politicians and dumb dictators. We'll overpower you with the irresistible sweet & cuddliness of baby kitties. Mwahahahahahaha!

Celeste said...

The Goldthwaites would love to find new homes for these fun, cuddly kittens. They are nearly old enough. If interested email or call Celeste: cvg.jlg@gmail.com 480-986-4039