Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mystery Solved

(Sorry Laundry Queen, you already heard this one)

I was commenting on my friend's blog when I remembered a strange situation from my childhood. My sister Becky used to sneak sour cream by the giant spoonful out the fridge when she was a kid. She loved it! Santa even brought her tubs of sour cream in her Christmas stocking. I would try to come eat some and she would say it was her medicine and mine was butter. So I would eat the butter and she'd eat the sour cream. Is it any wonder that I have to fight an inner-battle with the butter fiend in me every time I'm tempted to spread butter on a sandwich underneath the peanut butter? No wonder my cholesterol is so high. It's my sister's fault!

6 comments:

Deborah said...

I would hide a can of eagle brand condensed milk in the very back of the fridge and eat it by the spoonfuls over a few days. I still love anything gooeyade from the stuff.

The Laundry Queen said...

It's funny, I'm the one who used to eat the sour cream, and it was my older sister (janeannechovy) who would eat the butter!

Becky said...

Actually, I told you to eat Crisco--and you did. The butter you'll have to blame on someone else!

Heather said...

I used to eat watermelon seeds, 'cuz my mom told me that is where babies came from. No wonder why I have so many kids.....

Cathy said...

I used to sneak brown sugar lumps or chocolate chips when I was a kid. I've gotta say that I think I got a much better deal than either sour cream or butter!
~C

Mindful Mothering said...

Love your blog and the way you write! Care to share a little talent?? If I want a good laugh I will be back for sure:-)